The Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda to the Nordic Countries has the honour to inform the public that on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 the Embassy will remain closed in observance of Labour Day. The Embassy will reopen on Thursday, May 2, 2019.
Stockholm, April 29, 2019
The Embassy of the Republic of Rwanda has the honour to inform the public that on Friday, April 19, 2019 and Monday, April 22, 2019 the Embassy will remain closed in observance of Good Friday and Easter Monday. The Embassy will reopen on Tuesday, April 23, 2019.
Stockholm, April 18, 2019
List of Events in the Nordic Countries to Commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi
*We will update this information as more details come in. Visit again or contact us for clarification.
- April 7th, 2019–Walk to Remember (11hr at Norra Latin, Stockholm(Kinyarwanda)
- April 7th, 2019– Commemoration ceremony in Kinyarwanda (14:30hr at Fabriken, Textilgatan 31, Stockholm)
- April 10th, 2019–Stockholm Walk to Remember(14:30 starting from Norrmalmstorg–NOTE that this event was previously scheduled to start from Sergelstorg (Plattan)ending at Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre)
- April 10th, 2019–Stockholm Commemoration in English (15:00-16:15 Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre)
- April 11th, 2019–Copenhagen (14:30-17:00, UN City, Marmorvej 51, Copenhagen. Event Co-organised with UN Women and Denmark MFA)
- April 13th, 2019–Film Screening (Dansmuseet, Stockholm)
- April 30th, 2019–Oslo (15:00-16:15, Litteraturhuset, Oslo)
- Thursday, May 2, 2019 (17.00-20.00hrs)–Film Screening (film 100 Days by Nick Hughes and Eric Kabera) at Karen Blixen Museet, Rungsted Strandvej 111, 2960 Rungsted Kyst Copenhagen. Event organized by Karen Blixen Museet and the Embassy of Rwanda. Please Register here