The Consular office is open for passport applications and collections from Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 1 pm
Note: Passport applicants are required to state the new names of their places of birth according to the current administrative structure. Please find the correct map on the following website.
Passport Application Requirements
- Submission of duly completed Passport application form (pdf) for new and renewal passport application.
- A typed application letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration in Rwanda through the Embassy of Rwanda in Stockholm. Parents applying for their child must both sign the letter and provide their child’s birth certificate, copies of passports, marriage certificate or proof of sole responsibility for a child for a single parent.
- Submission of photocopies of the following; resident permit or passport if applicant is a national of the country in which she/he is applying from, Rwanda National Identity card and/or a birth certificate.
- Submission of two photographs with a white background and both ears in view.
- Fee – SEK 700 (Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) for New/Renewal passport application.
Passport Application Payments
The Embassy does not accept cash payments for any service.
All persons applying for a passport should pay/transfer online the fee into the Rwandan Embassy in Stockholm account shown below and submit their documents with proof of payment enclosed.
Passport Fee – SEK 700(Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable).
You may also download the Passport application form here.