1. The Consular office is open for visa applications, collections and phone calls from Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 1 p.m.
2. Effective January 1, 2018, citizens of ALL Countries in the world can receive visas on arrival at any entry point in Rwanda. Note that holders of Alien passports/Travel documents ( Främingspass in Swedish) will still need to apply for a visa before traveling to Rwanda). Only Single entry visas can be issued on arrival. East African Visas still have to be applied for in advance either online or through the Embassy.
2. With effect from November 1, 2014, holders of Swedish Passports will be required to pay the fee of USD 30 for an entry visa to Rwanda (Visa valid for up to 30 days). However, like all other Countries, they are NOT REQUIRED TO APPLY IN ADVANCE, they can request and receive a visa at the airport of ANY point of entry in Rwanda.
The visitor’s visa should not be used for employment.
The Embassy does not handle matters related to Online Visa applications. For Online Visa applications, apply and follow-up at the Rwanda Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.
Visa Categories and Fees
1. Single Entry V-1(s), valid for up to 30 Days – 30 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
2. Multiple Entry V-1(m), valid for up to 30 Days – 60 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
3. Multiple T2 Tourist Visa, valid for up to 90 Days – 50 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
4. Business Visa T7, Valid for up to 90 Days – 50 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
6. Group Tourist, up to 10 people (see eligibility below), Valid for up to 90 Days – 100 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
More information: https://www.migration.gov.rw/index.php?id=115
Visa application Requirements
- Applicant must provide a passport valid for at least six months.
- Applicant must submit duly completed one (1)VISA APPLICATION FORM(pdf) in his/her own hand writing or in type.
- Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
- An invitation letter and/or confirmation of hotel accommodation booking. NOTE: A telephone contact for your host/hotel MUST be included.
- Proof of payment (Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into Embassy´s Bank Account (see details below).
- A stamped/prepaid, registered and self addressed envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail. Ask your local post office for such stamps. Alternatively, an applicant may arrange collection of their passport by a courier or pay postage fee 120,00 SEK into Embassy´s Bank Account (see details below).
- The visa process takes 3 working days. Applicants are advised to allow for more days ahead of travel in case of delays.
Visa Bank Account Details
The application form for a visa to Rwanda can also be downloaded VISA APPLICATION FORM (pdf)