1. The Consular office is open for visa applications, collections and phone calls from Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 1 p.m.
2. With effect from November 1, 2014, holders of Swedish Passports will be required to pay the fee of USD 30 for an entry visa to Rwanda (Visa valid for up to 30 days). However, they are NOT REQUIRED TO APPLY IN ADVANCE, they can request and receive a visa at the airport of ANY point of entry in Rwanda. Similarly, nationals of the following Countries which previously enjoyed the same visa waiver will also be required to pay for their visa at entry points to Rwanda, namely: Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Great Britain,USA. Holders of passports from other Africa Countries may apply for a visa on arrival at a Rwandan point of entry (airport or boarder post). For all the other countries, the requirements remain unchanged.
The visitor’s visa should not be used for employment.
3. Holders of Alien Passports/Travel Documents–including those issued by Sweden–need a visa to travel to Rwanda.
The Embassy does not handle matters related to Online Visa applications. For Online Visa applications, apply and follow-up at the Rwanda Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.
Visa Categories and Fees
1. Single Entry V-1(s), valid for up to 30 Days – 30 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
2. Multiple Entry V-1(m), valid for up to 30 Days – 60 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
3. Multiple T2 Tourist Visa, valid for up to 90 Days – 50 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
4. Business Visa T7, Valid for up to 90 Days – 50 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
6. Group Tourist, up to 10 people (see eligibility below), Valid for up to 90 Days – 100 USD or equivalent according to latest Exchange rate (Buying) on www.forex.se
More information: https://www.migration.gov.rw/index.php?id=115
Visa application Requirements
- Applicant must provide a passport valid for at least six months.
- Applicant must submit duly completed one (1)VISA APPLICATION FORM(pdf) in his/her own hand writing or in type.
- Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
- An invitation letter and/or confirmation of hotel accommodation booking. NOTE: A telephone contact for your host/hotel MUST be included.
- Proof of payment (Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into Embassy´s Bank Account (see details below).
- A stamped/prepaid, registered and self addressed envelope must be included with an application submitted by mail. Ask your local post office for such stamps. Alternatively, an applicant may arrange collection of their passport by a courier or pay postage fee 120,00 SEK into Embassy´s Bank Account (see details below).
- The visa process takes 3 working days. Applicants are advised to allow for more days ahead of travel in case of delays.
- NOTE: Because of the increased number of applicants, people are advised to give themselves enough time between the date of travel and application
Visa Bank Account Details
The application form for a visa to Rwanda can also be downloaded VISA APPLICATION FORM (pdf)