HOW TO APPLY FOR A VISA
- Option 1: Citizens of all countries can get a 30-day visa upon arrival without prior application (effective 1 January 2018). The visa fees must not exceed 50 USD for a single entry visa.
Please click here to view the communiqué on the new visa regime.
- Option 2: Apply for a visa online at Irembo (here), the Rwanda e-government portal. Payment can be made online through Irembo or upon arrival.
Please note that all enquiries about online visa applications should be directed to the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration in Kigali, Rwanda (found here) or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Embassy does not handle online applications.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Irembo is the only website that can guarantee you authentic online visas. The Embassy of Rwanda advices its clients to exercise caution while applying online as there is no single agent affiliated with the Government of Rwanda that is authorised to apply for a visa on your behalf. Such agents may mislead you and charge more than the required visa fees.
Click here to apply at the Rwanda e-government portal, Irembo.
- Option 3: Apply through the Embassy in Stockholm by submitting an application form in person or by post. The Consular Section is open for visa applications, collections and phone calls from Monday to Friday, 10:00AM-1:00PM and 2:00PM-4:00PM.
NOTE: The visa application process takes 3 working days. Applicants are advised to allow for more days ahead of travel in case of delays.
- Applicant must provide a passport or other acceptable travel document valid for at least six months from the date of entry.
- Applicant must submit one duly completed visa application form in his/her own handwriting or in type.
- Applicant is required to provide two passport photographs with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda.
- An invitation letter and/or confirmation of hotel accommodation booking.NOTE: A telephone contact for your host/hotel MUST be included.
- Proof of payment (Non-Refundable/Non-Transferable) into Embassy´s Bank Account (see details below).
- A stamped/prepaid, registered and self-addressed envelope must be included with an application submitted by post. Ask your local post office for such stamps. Alternatively, an applicant may arrange collection of their passport by a courier or pay postage fee 120,00 SEK into Embassy’s Bank Account (see details below).
These are the fees for processing of applications. If applications are refused, or withdrawn by the applicant, refunds of fees will not be made.
|TYPE OF VISA||Code||ENTRIES||VALIDITY||PRICE|
|Transit Visa||VT||Single||72hrs||USD 30|
|Entry Visa||V1-S||Single||30 Days||USD 50|
|Entry Visa||V1-M||Multiple||90 Days||USD 70|
|Family visit||V2-S||Single||30 Days||USD 50|
|Family visit||V2-M||Multiple||90 Days||USD 70|
|Job Search||V4||Multiple||90 Days||USD 50|
|Conference Visa||V5||Single||30 Days||USD 50|
|Business||V6-S||Single||30 Days||USD 50|
|Business||V6-M||Multiple||90 Days||USD 70|
|Medical Treatment||V7||Multiple||90 Days||USD 30|
|Group/Tourist Visa (4-10 people||V8||Single||30 Days||USD 150|
|East African Tourist Visa||T-12||Multiple*||90 Days||USD 100|
The maximum and minimum period of validity of a visa, and number of entries are set out in the information for Applicants for each visa class above.
EMBASSY BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:
Account: 5277-10 194 50
IBAN: SE83 5000 0000 052771019450
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF RWANDA,
SVEAVÄGEN 159, 3 Floor
113 46 Stockholm